Skip to main content

Choice: The crossroads of life

There are so many uncertainties in life. Many crossroads, with many path choices to continue the journey, with multiple parameters to think upon. How does one reflect on these things all at once?


One answer I came across is 'Experience'. As you advance in the levels of life, you gain wisdom. Similarly, each human around you has gained this expertise through his/her exposure to life. People say build on the wisdom, learn from other's experience. Talk and listen to people who have been on the same crossroads before.

The problem is as follows:
The people reached the same crossroads at a different time. Then each path from the junctions may lead to a different destination. New destinations may have opened up since then. Not only this, they would have covered a different journey to reach this crossing in life. Hence, they would have considered different parameters. How can anyone but me, who has gained the exposure through my own journey, decide which path to go further on?

Now, I am left with only me to decide the best course of life. I need to analyse my past, learn from my own experience. The experience of 20 odd years with multiple events, multiple humans involved. Each of these smaller 'experiences' has somewhere shaped me. Each of these humans has left impressions on my current personality. The question now lies in the fact which of these individuals deserve a consideration for my decision. Many people will have some expectations of you. They will be affected by your decision. Some will express their concerns and expectations. Some will expect you to know their expectations. How does one take a decision?


Based on my writing on 29th July 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Satellite launched us!

There are some days which get etched in your memory. From a year earlier multiple memories were made and now a year hence here I am reliving and relishing the days.  I became a member of the Student Satellite Project in March 2016. But on this day I realised that I didn't just join a project, I joined a Family, I joined a Journey, I too have joined the Dream shared by hundreds. On 26th September 2016, Pratham - IIT Bombay's First Student Satellite was launched, taking along the dream of hundreds of students have worked in the team and making hundreds more to dream bigger.  Being a freshman in a room full of seniors having worked in the team, the excitement of the launch was high. But that was it we new team members were merely excited, the seniors, on the other hand, had a glow in their eyes. Their child whom they built was going to space. Their years of hard work and patience was finally paying off. When Pratham got separated from the PSLV and finally deployed in the

A Year of Responsibility

A year has passed. A year has passed since we took responsibility. A year has passed since we were handed the baton to continue the work of our seniors. A year has passed since 26th March 2018. And we humans like to remember these anniversaries. We look back and analyse the past; listing the happy, sad, big, small, fond and haunting memories. So I am going down the memory lane to the year that passed since we became the Project Managers of the IIT Bombay Student Satellite Project. As quoted by Yash Sanghvi, our mentor, "Both Ranade and Anmol  have shown unquestionable dedication and commitment to the  project , excellent discipline and organizational skills, required foresight, very good interpersonal skills, and proactive efforts towards enhancing team bonding." All these traits though possessed by us at that point or not, have been tested a lot in the past year. There are times when you are happy with the team's progress. Times when you are frustrated with the cir

School Diaries

As students are thinking about their future colleges, their careers, their next 3-4 years. My mind just keeps drifting to my 10 years of school life. Police DAV Public School. I just can't thank my school well enough for what I am today, though I am still a simple IITian which India has lots of. But for me, I think I am on the right track and am more than satisfied with my life. So as I said my school being half of my 20 years of life so far is the best I could get. I remember being in APJ school, a simple introvert boy, I was. Then in 1st standard, I shifted to PDAV. I thank my parents with all my heart for that. I don't think I changed much for my first initial 4-5 years here. But the change was gradual. From the sixth standard with ranks and Olympiads, I started gaining confidence and though only in academics, I excelled. That confidence kept me going and started making me a little bit less introvert. With lots of opportunities for Olympiads, going to Canada,