Skip to main content

A Year of Responsibility

A year has passed. A year has passed since we took responsibility. A year has passed since we were handed the baton to continue the work of our seniors. A year has passed since 26th March 2018. And we humans like to remember these anniversaries. We look back and analyse the past; listing the happy, sad, big, small, fond and haunting memories. So I am going down the memory lane to the year that passed since we became the Project Managers of the IIT Bombay Student Satellite Project.

As quoted by Yash Sanghvi, our mentor, "Both Ranade and Anmol have shown unquestionable dedication and commitment to the project, excellent discipline and organizational skills, required foresight, very good interpersonal skills, and proactive efforts towards enhancing team bonding." All these traits though possessed by us at that point or not, have been tested a lot in the past year. There are times when you are happy with the team's progress. Times when you are frustrated with the circumstances. Times you are proud of your team. Times you adore them. All these times one thing remains constant: The Team.

We are not just a project, we are a team, a family, journeying towards a dream
I made decisions, some right some wrong, the team always stood there. Especially Anant Joshi, You have surprisingly been more than just a friend who teases. I never expected to share as much as I have shared with you. Thanks for prying in when it needed prying. 😜

Shreeya Singh, you have tolerated me so much. I let you down, you picked me up. And now I am serving the punishment by tolerating your craziness. But in the end, a little craziness is required in life. 😅

Aniruddha Ranade, we have had our share of quarrels. Fortunately, we have had conclusions of all and got on along fine. I have learnt the most from you in this past year. 👏

The Team, The Family. We will have a senti session whenever we end our tenure. Will list you all there. Thank you for giving me the "Mother of Team" tag. I hope I have taken good care of you all.💓 I have learnt every day from each one of you in the process.

The 6 constant wingies, thanks for (very little) understanding my lack of time in the wing. You guys forget me sometimes when you order food. You go to movies without me. But then I do the same. 🙈 I know (hopefully true) that whatever it takes we will stay in contact. 

Mom, Dad and Family. I have been home a lot less in the last year. There are days when I don't call. Still, you guys support and guide me. Thanks a lot for being there. 💗



Comments

  1. Well written! Responsibilities only grow with time!
    We'll definetly stay in touch
    -- Your ex roomie

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you my sunshine..my lifeline..my precious one.
    So very proud of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not crazy anmol. Anyways, Thank you for understanding my point of view and being patient with me. Keep smiling and machao

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Satellite launched us!

There are some days which get etched in your memory. From a year earlier multiple memories were made and now a year hence here I am reliving and relishing the days.  I became a member of the Student Satellite Project in March 2016. But on this day I realised that I didn't just join a project, I joined a Family, I joined a Journey, I too have joined the Dream shared by hundreds. On 26th September 2016, Pratham - IIT Bombay's First Student Satellite was launched, taking along the dream of hundreds of students have worked in the team and making hundreds more to dream bigger.  Being a freshman in a room full of seniors having worked in the team, the excitement of the launch was high. But that was it we new team members were merely excited, the seniors, on the other hand, had a glow in their eyes. Their child whom they built was going to space. Their years of hard work and patience was finally paying off. When Pratham got separated from the PSLV and finally deployed in the

School Diaries

As students are thinking about their future colleges, their careers, their next 3-4 years. My mind just keeps drifting to my 10 years of school life. Police DAV Public School. I just can't thank my school well enough for what I am today, though I am still a simple IITian which India has lots of. But for me, I think I am on the right track and am more than satisfied with my life. So as I said my school being half of my 20 years of life so far is the best I could get. I remember being in APJ school, a simple introvert boy, I was. Then in 1st standard, I shifted to PDAV. I thank my parents with all my heart for that. I don't think I changed much for my first initial 4-5 years here. But the change was gradual. From the sixth standard with ranks and Olympiads, I started gaining confidence and though only in academics, I excelled. That confidence kept me going and started making me a little bit less introvert. With lots of opportunities for Olympiads, going to Canada,