Skip to main content

Pratham Diaries

As most of the seniors of the Pratham team graduate today, here I am to address my love for all of them and to thank them for all the fundae, love and the most memorable moments of the insti life so far. After first year Pratham has been the most integral part of my insti life, starting from the recruitment, the process of being part of it was slow but going to ISRO, being there for launch preparations and finally the Launch, Signal Receiving and the Tushar Treat made it official. Working under and along all of you has been a privilege. So here I go, a small tribute to all of you:

We tried covering everything we could !!

Ratnesh: You were the mentor that everyone needs and desires. The journey started with you and Aayush interviewing me and then all the time spent with you has been worth my life: going to Bangalore with you for the shock test, being there in the lab during days before launch, making Antennas or doing tracking. All your fundaes whether related to the team or the satellite, department or life have been invaluable. There have been many late night talks, all will remain memorable. The one after the placement treat is one of the most memorable. You were the most fun senior (maybe because we spent the most time with you). I couldn't be there for your final DDP presentation but I know aapne machaya hi hoga. You will be missed a lot, going back from the lab will never be the same :P

Manvi: Man of Manastu! I remember the first time Ratnesh introduced me to you was that finally someone from Punjab. Till then you were the big boss of the team. As the time progressed, I understood there's no big boss in the team. Then working with you for packing when you became a more friendly boss, I never realized. I remember some weeks before launch, one of the team members was leaving the team and talked to you. Listening to the conversation I realised how lucky I am to be in this team. You are one of those people who made me realise Pratham is a family, even if you work somewhere else you'll always remain part of it. You'll be the mother of the team in that respect. One more thing, I am really sorry for not being here in Summers. You, asking me again & again to stay and me not responding had been a real guilt filled phase. So sorry for that!

Tushar: The first time I heard about you was when we had to come to Bangalore to collect FM side panels. That time you asked about kaisa lag rha hai team mein & Bangalore aake? So I said that visiting ISRO is so good, how can it be bad. You replied that after some time Bangalore aana pain hoga. But till now I have been there thrice and I can be there for any more times. You have been the father figure for all of us. Your fundae, your daant and aapki humari lena sab yaad rahega. Especially the night you asked us all some bad things of us and good things about others. Jab TED talk doge kbhi toh free tickets de dena event ki!! And team ko fund toh aap kr hi doge.

Ashtesh: Initially I didn't even know how to pronounce your name and I just realised today that even later we have been pronouncing it wrong. My interaction with you from Pratham was minimal but then HYPER gave a chance to know you. You are the most hardworking person I have ever known. Doing a project for so many years, publishing papers, and making it big by integrating it. Your insights have helped a lot. Thanks for the blazer for China. Aapke saath rockets bnane mein bahut mzza aya tha. Aapke liye infi respect hai for ditching Day 1 job and working in for Manastu!!

Rachana: Those days of preparing ground station was the time I got to know you. You were a silent person with lots of knowledge. Woh hota hai na, "bhra hua khada awaaz nhi krta" You and Aayush were Potterheads, though we never had a discussion or something, it was always good to know there's someone in the team like me.

Aayush: You were there during my interview and I realised it much later that the other person sitting on the couch was the same person who went to Bangalore with me. That Bangalore trip was so weird. We just slept and our interaction was close to zero. Then before launch while tracking we had some interaction. You have always been easy to talk to. That night after global fusion treat you remained in the lab. Only complaint to you is aapne us din apni kahani nhi sunayi.

Kaafi log nhi hain ismein :(

Vishal: Aap ghumne ke fundae do na. You saw my resume once in the second year and said that I should app. It was so motivating coming from a person who himself had an amazing university intern himself. I stayed in your room during and I felt "How can someone keep so much in such a small room". These qualities of yours other than Acads (jo toh machate hi ho) like being friendly, fun-loving, chill are things which I would like to have in small amounts (aap mein toh kaafi zyada hain).

Ankita: You were the first Pratham team member I got to know about. Though my interaction with you from Pratham was minimal. You helped me a lot during the CR phase. Thanks to you we had a council last year which may not be there again. You seemed so serious type till then. Then through Pratham, I realised you are so Chulbuli (don't know in English) when during one of the treats in the lab you danced. It felt like there should have been a bit more conversation with you.

Sumit: I was the first one to go to ISRO in the new team. Thanks to you for that. I remember I told you that I'll love to go whenever possible and you told Manvi. Also during our Pratham orientation, I remember you talked about integration of the satellite and how that's important which made me go for mechanical. (Though I didn't like electrical) All the best for your further life. Aise all India trip kaise jate hain uske fundae de dena :D

Pavan: I knew you as Krittika manager first. Those trips of Udaipur and Pune were best trips of insti life. Your fundae about department profs have been of help a lot. I remember being told in early Pratham days to eat and don't wait for your turn if Pavan is there in the lab. Now eating food in the lab will be easier :P Yours has been the first and only valfi I have attended. And it will remain one of the most memorable ones. Seeing you like that was weird and surely we'll complete Advitiy by the time you are back. Tab toh ek treat de dena :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Satellite launched us!

There are some days which get etched in your memory. From a year earlier multiple memories were made and now a year hence here I am reliving and relishing the days.  I became a member of the Student Satellite Project in March 2016. But on this day I realised that I didn't just join a project, I joined a Family, I joined a Journey, I too have joined the Dream shared by hundreds. On 26th September 2016, Pratham - IIT Bombay's First Student Satellite was launched, taking along the dream of hundreds of students have worked in the team and making hundreds more to dream bigger.  Being a freshman in a room full of seniors having worked in the team, the excitement of the launch was high. But that was it we new team members were merely excited, the seniors, on the other hand, had a glow in their eyes. Their child whom they built was going to space. Their years of hard work and patience was finally paying off. When Pratham got separated from the PSLV and finally deployed in the

A Year of Responsibility

A year has passed. A year has passed since we took responsibility. A year has passed since we were handed the baton to continue the work of our seniors. A year has passed since 26th March 2018. And we humans like to remember these anniversaries. We look back and analyse the past; listing the happy, sad, big, small, fond and haunting memories. So I am going down the memory lane to the year that passed since we became the Project Managers of the IIT Bombay Student Satellite Project. As quoted by Yash Sanghvi, our mentor, "Both Ranade and Anmol  have shown unquestionable dedication and commitment to the  project , excellent discipline and organizational skills, required foresight, very good interpersonal skills, and proactive efforts towards enhancing team bonding." All these traits though possessed by us at that point or not, have been tested a lot in the past year. There are times when you are happy with the team's progress. Times when you are frustrated with the cir

School Diaries

As students are thinking about their future colleges, their careers, their next 3-4 years. My mind just keeps drifting to my 10 years of school life. Police DAV Public School. I just can't thank my school well enough for what I am today, though I am still a simple IITian which India has lots of. But for me, I think I am on the right track and am more than satisfied with my life. So as I said my school being half of my 20 years of life so far is the best I could get. I remember being in APJ school, a simple introvert boy, I was. Then in 1st standard, I shifted to PDAV. I thank my parents with all my heart for that. I don't think I changed much for my first initial 4-5 years here. But the change was gradual. From the sixth standard with ranks and Olympiads, I started gaining confidence and though only in academics, I excelled. That confidence kept me going and started making me a little bit less introvert. With lots of opportunities for Olympiads, going to Canada,